Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Workbasket Wednesday Linkup

Today I'm linking up with Chris from Autism Classroom News for Workbasket Wednesday.

Workbasket Wednesday at Autism Classroom News

I want to share a few great free file folder tasks I stumbled upon today.  I love file folder tasks!  Easy to store, and there are free ones all over the Internet.

Both come from Kids Activities Blog.

The first involves matching capital letters to lowercase letters and 1:1 correspondence counting.  Download and print the PDF here.


The second is a simple pattern matching activity.  Download and print here.


One thing that a lot of teachers find challenging about creating file folder tasks is laminating the large manila file folder.  Not all are lucky enough to have access to a quality large laminating machine.  Some buy those expensive 11 x 17 laminate sheets for their home laminator, but I've been successfully using a technique I learned from Denise from Sunny Days in Second Grade.


Anybody else have a work task they'd like to share?  Join the linkup here.

Teach happy!

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful to meet you via the linky and thanks for sharing this great idea about how to laminate files with a normal laminator. Both of those file folder freebies will also come in useful so thanks for sharing. I'm now off to add you to my special ed blog page for others to find - why not come over and say hello? :-)
    Special Teaching at Pempi's Palace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Newest reader here! Glad I found you! I love the laminator idea. Never even thought of it and it is like an OMG moment!!! Thanks! Check out my blog sometime if you have a chance. Great to meet you and can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete